Friday 13 April 2012

Week 15 - Pretty in Pink


Hi everyone - have you all got over the Easter break yet or are we still guzzling lots of chocolate and candy??!!! Before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from week 13 which was the Easter challenge and hop! We had a lot going on that week and judging by the entrants and comments everyone enjoyed themselves although lots of you didn't leave your answers in the comments!




Grateful thanks to our wonderful sponsors for the blog hop prize - Marianne Design. From all the challenge entries and blog hop comments (you had to enter both parts to have a chance of winning), congratulations goes to:
First place - Michaela with an awesome entry! Well done Michaela, you win our Marianne Design candy and the Sugarplum and Candy Doodles CD's!
Second place: Bianca with her stunning paper wabbit, and in 3rd place is Jo Grason who both win a Candy Doodles CD! Well done everyone, please email us with your snailmails to claim your prizes (please put challenge number in the email subject field)



Phew!! And just in case you were wondering, the unscrambled letters spelt SUGARPLUM DAISY. For the Design Team members who had additional candy to give away on their blogs, please visit their blogs to see if you were lucky!




Right! Onto this weeks challenge! The theme is Pretty In Pink and the challenge is open until Sunday 22 April at 12noon GMT. The winner of this challenge will receive a £5 voucher to spend on the Polkadoodles website - woohoooo!




We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.

5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.


4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.



Ruth: This must be one of my most favourite templates to use as I turn to it time and time again - really quick and easy to make (and it comes in mint green too!) It's from Paper Boutique Vol 3 and I've layered everything up with foam pads. Added glitter, some ribbon from my stash and the chocolate stars are covered in glossy accents!
Josie: This week I used the lush backing papers and toppers from the Candy Doodles CD Rom. I added glitter around the edge of the card and finished with a Marianne Die and some flowers.


Doreen: For my card this week I've used a beautiful image and papers from the Sugarplum Daisy CD. The image has been coloured with Copics.


Fliss: For my card this week all elements come from the new Sugarplum Daisy CD as I love all the very pretty and girly elements on there. I printed the sweet image and a rose onto watercolour paper and coloured them with a mix of watercolour pencils and Prisma pencils, adding a touch of glitter. I tore the edges of the backing paper and inked for a shabby chic look. I used a Marianne Design lace die and pretty tag die to cut out the sentiment.

Lou: I have jumped aboard this week as I could not play along last week. I have used papers from Candy Doodles Collectors Edition as is the sentiment from the same CD. The roses are part of the stamp set from from the 1st issue of the Pen and paper Circle Club as is the delish strawberry backing paper. I have used the following Marianne Design dies on my card; decorative panel and butterfly plus the gorgeous pom pom lace/ribbon is also from Marianne Design too. The card has been finished with some organza ribbon and heart gems.




Enfys: I couldn't resist this little angel from the Sugarplum CD, I printed her out twice, once onto white cardstock which I cut out, then again onto pink spotted paper from the CD, and cut out just her dress and wellies and paper pieced those onto the image that I coloured with Promarkers. The background was printed from the same CD, but I added some punched flowers to the fence and grass.


Daniele......just loving the new CD Sugar Plum Daisy so I've gone overboard with the pink for this challenge, I've used a pre printed topper and also a digi image which I coloured in with promarkers and flex markers. The grass was created using a Marianne Design die then I added sequin flowers.

Anne - I've used two CD's and Pen and Paper Kit 1 for this project. Candy Doodles and our newest release Sugar Plum Daisy. A Marianne Design flower die and some ribbon and pearls from my stash.

Lisa - 'The Crafting Owl'. For my project I decided to do a page in my journal as I think that the images from the CD-ROMS are just perfect for this. I used the owl from 'Back to Nature', papers torn and stuck on the page from Sugar Plum Daisy and Sundae of Seasons. The stamps are the 'Be Neighbours' set. I then added abit of doodling to bring the whole thing together. More pics and journaling on my blog.

Miria For my card I used a lovely image and papers from cd Sugarplum Daisy. I coloured the digi with kuretake zig art and twin.and paperpieced her dress. The sentiment is from cd Candy Doddles Collectors' edition.


Patty I used papers from Sundae of Seasons and Pen & Paper Circle Magazine and the Girl from Pretty Sweet.I love the position of this girl that's why I wanted to make a birthday card for a Girl that used to sit just like that, and add the white border to the edge to make a combination to the pink and brown polkadots.





Claire So Pretty in pink is this lovely girl coloured with Promarkers from the Pretty Sweet cd which has combined with the yummy layered heart cake from Paper Boutique Vol 1. Just added a few sticky gems and some stickles.


Good luck with the challenge and please remember our rules when entering! The challenge is open until Sunday 22 April at 12noon GMT and add your creation to the widget below!

******





26 comments:

  1. Hi
    oh WOW, OMG I can't believe I made first place. Even had to click on my name to make sure it was really I. I hope this is not a joke, after all it is Friday the 13th today (LOL).
    Thank you sooooo much for picking me. I am thrilled to bits and it is massively appreciated. Now I can't wait to receive the fantastic prize I have won!

    I love your Pretty in Pink theme this week. All the cards are just amazing.

    Thank you very much again for picking me and congrats to other winners too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning creations:)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design team work, especially the gorgeous card by Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the pink theme and the cards that have been produced hope to do as well.Keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had fun playing in the pink challenge, love the DT cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi There, for some reason my thumbnail never appears on this link thingy. No idea what I am doing wrong. I do see it on screen when I've uploaded but then on your blog there's just this little puppet. Sorry! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this challenge. I love pink and I love the DT cards, fabulous inspiration.
    Laine X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there just to say having a bit of trouble just like Frea as to uploading my thumbnail and all it seams to say is you're next so I will try again as lovin this week's challenge
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects, thanks for the challenge.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible dt inspiration! Love visiting and joining in! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely projects from the DT and a super challenge.
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great DT inspiration - a fab challenge. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow so many great projects from you peeps as always such inspiration thoroughly enjoyed this challenge just a shame I missed last weeks oh well
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Design team! All the cards are so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab inspiration,thanks!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this great challenge and the lovely inspiration from the DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous creations fron all the Dt. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great challenge with beautiful DT inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Delightful challenge and gorgeous DT cards, thank you. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous DT cards, thanks for a great challenge.
    Could not get my thumbnail to work, sorry...No 46
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks again for another great challenge. I have been having computer problems for a week now on internet sites. Have to get it into the shop. Love all the entries and good luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great Inspiration from the team. I really need the new CD looking at all the great cards

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!