Friday 25 May 2012

Week 21 - Doodled Edge/Border - Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Us!! WOOHOO!

Yes, it's our 3rd birthday this week here at Polkadoodles - oh my, where has the time gone? We're all very proud indeed that some of our original teamies are still with us creating inspiring makes for us all each week, and I have to say a special huge thanks to Enfys, Ruth and Lou for putting up with me for three whole years, you girls rock! (You do too Nikky!!) Of course, I love the WHOLE of my awesome Design Team and they are all uber talented as you all know only too well, so I'd also like to say a big thanks to everyone else on the team wherever they may be in the world for their help in making Polkadoodles and this challenge blog one of THE most inspirational on the planet!

So to celebrate our big milestone we're going to give some awesome blog candy away this week - our No 1 winner will receive blog candy worth £40 and our 2 runners up will both receive download bundles!...

But, before we get onto this week's challenge let's find out the winners from challenge which was

1st place - Svit, 2nd place -Kezzy , 3rd place -NikkiByrne


Congratulations! please email Nikky for your prize and grab your blinkies from the sidebar of the blog - the first placed winner receives a download bundle choc full of goodies! Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number. 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with Mister Linky - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

It's my (Claire P) turn to host the challenge this week and as I do so love my doodling. Please include a doodled border or element in your project.
As it's our birthday we're adding an extra element to our challenge - this has to be a Birthday Card or project for us! Don't forget you have all that candy to win!!


Emma - Hello there, just joining Team A again for the lovely doodled edge challenge. I have used elements from the Sugar Plum Daisy CDROM again...... I just can't stop using this CD, I luuuuurve it so!!!! This little Bee is the BUZZ is he not? I failed on the stashbox stamp element but hey, when I have such a cute little fella like this to craft with, I forgot all about my other stamps.



Anne - I've used papers from the second edition of the Pen and Paper Circle mag and the little sentiment ticket is from the Pretty Tuff CD.


Lucy: This week I decided to go for some lovely bright colours. I used the backing papers from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD Rom and used matching Pro Markers & Flexi Markers to colour in the digi image. I doodled around the edge with a glue pen and then covered in glitter!


Caire P - Since it's my challenge this week I really had to join in with team A (I have recently moved over to B) I have used papers from a free Polka doodles set that came with a crafting magazine recently. Main image from Sundae of Seasons cd, fab fun ladybugs from Sugarplum Daisy cd as is the sentiment tag. With that all important finishing touch, a tad of doodling!


Enfys: A rustic garden sort of card from me this week, image ready coloured from Sundae of Seasons, with some extra blooms cut out and popped on. I added a burlap square, which frayed nicely, so I used a bit of the frayed stuff to make a string bow for the sentiment. Doodled around the edge of the card, and the circle of the image and I was done..... (I forgot about stashbox stamp week, but hey, with images like this, who cares!)


Lisa - 'The Crafting Owl'. Oooh as soon as I saw this challenge I knew it was right up my street! I've used an image from Sugar Plum Daisy and backing papers from Sundae of Seasons.

Doreen:  I've used an image from Sugar Plum Daisy and the backing papers is from Sundae of Seasons and Sugar Plum Daisy. I love to mix the paper.


Ruth:  I love this cute bear template from Paper Boutique Vol 3.  I used the A5 size, cut out all the elements and layered them up with foam pads.  The 'gift' is made with an offcut of card that I've doodled around the edge and added a ribbon bow and a die cut number 1

Fliss: I've used images from the Sugarplum Daisy CD and papers are a mix from there and the Pretty Sweet CD. My doodling was inspired by the leafy Martha Stewart punched border and I did a lot of layering for the final design of my creation.




Daniele, for my card I have used the sweet mouse image from The Sugar Plum Daisy Cd coloured in with Prisma pencils, I have doodled lines around the embossed background to create a frame.



Miria I made a quick easel card for a boy's birthday. I used coloured stampies, paper and sentiment from cd Pretty Tuff.  Easy peasy!


                                                                        
So there's your inspiration - some fantastic projects from the DT this week I think you'll agree! You have until Sunday 3 June at 12 noon GMT to enter the challenge, so just add your URL to the Linky below! Good Luck!
****

8 comments:

  1. Many congratulations and gorgeous creations great inspiration:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some fab inspiration this week, teamies - makes me want to join in, all the cards look great. Hugz, jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to US! Your and My Birthday!
    Better enter I might win a nice present :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy 3rd birthday all at polkadoodles and celebrate well :), and hope you have many more happy birthdays :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm submitting my card for your challenge, but you may have trouble seeing my doodling. I wanted to have a subtle look and used a tan marker and with the sponging around the edges of the paper it's REALLY sublte.
    Thanks for all the work you do, and Happy Birthday.
    Chris V - easily amused
    http://easilyamused-chrisv.blogspot.com/2012/05/pile-it-on-more-than-2-folds.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy third birthday, I wish you many more years of happy crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just incase the deadline closes and my entry isnt there..I have still entered.
    I have sent my card to the Email address as my blog won't let me in.
    NIkky has it and is going to upload when she has a spare 5 mins.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!