Friday 31 August 2012

Week 35 - Flowers

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  If you've not already had a look at our two (yes two!) Design Team calls then have a look at this post here, but be quick - Flat Friends ends today (31 August) but the Polkadoodle call is open until 19 September.

And if that is not enough excitement, you can catch the launch of the brand new Picknix Collection - Gingerbread Twist with Nikky on Saturday at 10am and 4pm on Create and Craft.  And with a name like Gingerbread Twist, I bet you can't guess what theme it will be!!!

Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 33 which was 'Tags':
First Place: Eva's Scraproom - Please use verification code PD1W3533
Second Place:  Karen L
Third Place:   Jayne

Congratulations to you all! Eva's Scraproom please email Nikky for your prize and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.  Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.
This week the challenge theme is FLOWERS and the closing date for entries is Sunday 9 September at 12noon GMT. 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

Onto the Design Team samples:

Ruth:  I've gone for an old favourite - Paper Boutique Vol 1, cut out all the different flowers and layered them up how I wanted.  I've added stickles to the edges of the petals plus seed beads for the centres.  I've also added some ribbon from my stash and die cut letters and numbers.



Norine - This was a fun card to make, printing the digi and then paper piecing as well as Copic coloring!  The papers and teacup image are from the Sugarplum Daisy cd and the butterfly is a Marianne's die.  The sentiment is from the Pretty Tuff cd and punched with a Fiskars scallop punch.  Prima flowers and Maya Road pins from my stash.


Shary - I've made an Xmas card incorporating some flowers. I've used papers, sentiment and image from the brand new Here Comes Christmas CD.  I've used the Marianne Designs Snowflake Circle to frame the image.

Lucy ~ This week I decided to make a calendar for my ma. The background is painted but the digi image is from the Pretty Sweet CD Rom. Coloured with Pro Markers & Flexi Markers. The flowers were made using papers from the Sugarplum Daisy CD Rom, cut out using Marianne Design Creatables as was the swirl design.


Miria I made a quick card printing and cutting out these gorgeous flowers from cd Candy Doodles collectors  edition and use a paper and sentiment from the same collection, the birdcage is a Marianne Design die. I just added a ribbon and halfpearls as a final touch.


Clare - This week I have made a card using the Here Comes Christmas CD. I have decorated the card inside and out and layered the images. I have used the pretty Marianne poinsettia dies and layered them using Bazzill cardstock. I have used Red Berry Doodle Dew drops to the centre of the poinsettia. Finally for the inside I have used Spellbinders Labels One Nestability and a peel off from my stash.


 

Good luck with the challenge - closing date is Sunday 9 September at 12noon GMT and don't forget our rules!

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners and what beautiful creations they really are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only just begun entering challenges, so hope that I have read the rules correctly! Great projects on here.

    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time i have entered your challenge - hope i have done it right. Great Job by the DT

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a fab challenge and great DT cards

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant challenge, amazing DT Cards and super entries x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely challenge! Amazing DT inspiration! Sorry, i couldn't load up a pic from my site on Mr linky for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, this is my first entry so hope I've done it right! Great challenge, good luck everyone there's so,e lovely entries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have entered 3 cards i am hoping this is allowed. love the challenge

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh thanks for choosing me for your top 3, I'll put the badge on my blog tomorrow.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous DT creations.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creations by the DT.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow wow wow Amazing cards, They are all so beautiful, You are all amazing crafters. I'm new to blogging and I hope I have added my link correctly, I have enter my card into 3 challenges (well I hope I have) lol Love Lise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the cards are stunning. So lovely designs. I have worked for the plastic business cards and these cards inspire me so much. I appreciate all these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the chance to enter in this chalange! There are a lot of beautiful cards and many new friands! Wish me luck! And good luck to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello,

    I do not manage to add my participation to your challenge. Every time I try, that publishes a message on my blog but nothing here. Could you help me please? Thank you

    Http: // lafeerieduscrap.blogspot.be/2012/09/une-plaque-de-porte-door-plate.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable cards with unique designs and eye pleasing shades,your approach towards embellishment admires me a lot...

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!