Friday 12 October 2012

Week 41 - Halloween

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  We also have a quick heads up for you today - the back orders for the lovely Pen and Paper Circle club kits are now available online so if you missed Issues 2, 3, or 4 and are kicking yourself you can now order here but be mega quick because once they've gone that's it - and there is severely limited stock on these!! Go now!

This week we have a new challenge and the theme is:

Halloween

The winner from this challenge will receive a £5 voucher to spend in store!  Don't forget to follow our rules which are below! 
Before we have a look at the Design Team samples, we need to announce the top three from Challenge 39 which was 'Favourite Holiday plus the colour Teal'.   We had some stunning entries and its been difficult to choose a top three, but without further ado they are:

First Place: Halloween download - Tracy McDonald - Please use verification code PD1W4139
Second Place: Halloween download - Michaela - Please use verification code PD2W4139
Third Place: Halloween download - Ereti - Please use verification code PD3W4139

Congratulations to you all! Please email Nikky for your prizes and you can all grab your blinkies from the sidebar.  Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. For all prize winners, you must use the code given above to claim your prize otherwise we cannot release it.

 
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:
1. Please follow the challenge theme!

2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

The challenge ends on Sunday 21 October at 12noon GMT.

Now onto the Design Team creations!

Fliss - A spooky scene with a little witch is my inspirational for this week. I used paper from the Halloween Doodles download bundle (which is where little Polly witch and the cute spider come from too) and made it into a frame with a shaped die, cut it to fit my card blank and inked the edges. I printed out a haunted house from the Sundae of Seasons CD Autumn section and set this in the frame then added pumpkins from the CD together with Polly and the spider.


Miria - For my card I used an image from last year's Halloween download, the other digis and the sentiment are from the Sundae of Seasons CD, the paper on the back comes from Halloween Doodles download bundle. The witch and the pumpkin are coloured with Kuretake Zig Kurecolor, Zig Art&Graphic Twin and Wink of Stella. I just added a die-cut fence to create the scene


AnneWell I'd to improvise this week girls.  Believe it or not of all the fabby cd's Nikky has sent me there was hardly anything I could use for this theme but I did find this fab little Dracula, pumpkins and papers on the Sundae of Seasons CD so I had a start.  Then I remembered the Halloween Doodles download that we got last year so I fired up my proggy and layered them all into together to create a little scene.  I then got to work with my polychromos and added the sky and some grass.  A few little bits and pieces cut with my cricut and the job was done.



Eva - I had an idea for a halloween make. Decided to do something different so I made a scary pumpkin window sill display for my kids. They LOVE Halloween and I normally make their room super spooky. I have used pumpkin images and little bat images from the Sundae of Seasons CD. I coloured the pumpkins in with Pro Markers and added a bit of glitz. I also added a bit of extra sparkle with some stick on gems and pearls.


Clare - This is the first time since I started crafting that I have "done" Halloween and I have absolutely loved it, made me feel like a kid again!!!. I enjoyed it so much I have made two different sets of trick or treat party bags and cards. The cute spider paper in set one was from the  Polka Doodle Halloween download bundle. The images in both sets and the sentiment is from the Sundae of Seasons CD Autumn section. The cute tangerine & black Puffy Thickers are from American Crafts. I even managed to recycle the netting from the pumpkin chocolates and used it on the card!!!.




Norine - For someone who isn't particularly a Halloween-ish person, I got a little carried away with the CUTE designs on the Sundae of Season's cd and I made TWO cards this week!!  The papers are a mix of Pretty Tough and Not For Girls, as well as the Sundae of Seasons halloween images and the vines are cut with a CheeryLyn die.



Ruth:  I've made two spooky gift bags with papers from the Halloween download plus mummy images from Sundae of Seasons which have been attached the the star tag.  And yes, those are fangs in the cello bags!


So that's it - over to you!  Don't forget our rules and the deadline for entries is Sunday 21 October at 12noon GMT.  Good luck!


8 comments:

  1. The DT creations are just super...love the different designs and colours are cheery..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Halloween Time, Look forward to all the creations the DT come up with. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Everyone
    All of your Halloween creations are Fantastic!

    Oh WOW, Thank you for picking me as one of the winners. Very much appreciated! Looking forward to receiving the amazingly cute download.
    Congrats to other lucky ladies too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab challenge. Love the projects;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the fun challenge! Fab projects from the DT for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely DT samples...thank you for the Halloween Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice variety of DT projects. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!