Friday 1 February 2013

Week 5 - Lots Of Layers + Pink and Red

Good morning folks, Friday is here again but before we go on to the details of this weeks challenge, we have some news for you.
Our Nikky is on Create and Craft TV at 10am and 4pm on Saturday 2nd February (that's tomorrow!!!) so make sure you check it out as she has something lovely to show you! Definitely not one to miss so do set the recorder if you can't watch at the time so you can put your feet up with a cuppa when you have a spare hour later on.

Now we need to announce the winners from the Week 3 challenge - Stitching With Lace and you created the most gorgeous entries but there can only be 3 winners and here they are:

1st Place - Lynda  - you win a £30 Goodie bag and please use the code PD1W0503 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Debbie Johns  - you win a Hoots Download Bundle and please use the code PD2W0503
3rd Place - Chrissy  - you also win a Hoots Download Bundle and please use the code PD3W0503

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Now for the challenge and this week we would like to see your creations with:

Lots Of Layers Plus Pink And Red

You don't want to miss this opportunity to make any necessary Valentines as the prizes are the latest Cherry Blossom CD - a definite must! You have until 12 noon on Sunday 10 February to enter and now here's some fabulous inspiration from our Design Team to get you going.

Asha - The gorgeous papers for this card came from the Sugar Birdies - the first ever Polka Doodles CD. The image and sentiment are from the latest CD called Cherryblossom Lane. Isn't great when you can mix and match the CDs so beautifully? Kept my embellishments to a minimum: sheer ribbon and bow which I stained with red distress ink and a couple of red bling from my stash.


Anjie I made this weeks card for Mrs Polka Doodles' birthday. The papers are from the fabulous Studio 12 CD Picknix collection 1. I've printed them onto printable canvas to give some texture, frayed the edges and layered onto red card and kraft card. The cute image is from the new Cherry Blossom Lane CD. I've added some Marianne D diecuts, some flowers and gems. Everything is distressed with a red distress ink. Finally I've added some faux stitching.


Fliss I've made a rather romantic card this week inspired by those colours and love is definitely blooming lol. The papers and all the other elements come from the latest Cherryblossom Lane CD. I covered my card blank and added layers of panels all distressed with an emery board and inked fuchsia pink. I hand cut my hearts using paper patterns, embossing one red pearl heart with a hearts folder and layering the second one up with a lovely sentiment printed on pink stripy paper and cut to a heart shape. I finished off with a decoupaged rose.


Astrid  I have made a card with red and pink with a beautiful stamp of Polka Doodles, called
Babsie You will find her in the shop. Also with the text. The edge at the bottom comes from  the  Cherryblossom Lane CD. The flowers are handmade. And the cute little hearts from my local store.


Sally - I have made this cute card with an image, sentiments and papers from Cherry Blossom Lane CD Rom. I love all the papers on this CD Rom.  I cut him out and mounted him on a Spellbinder die which I embossed first, dusted it with pan pastels and inked the edges. Backed the papers on red cardstock and created a background.


Karon - I have used a couple of CD's to make my card this week.  First there is Winnie, from the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD,  I coloured her with my alcohol markers and popped her up, as well as the flowers.  The patterned papers came from the new Cherry Blossom Lane CD and I have layered them up on some red card stock.  I added a little bit of tulle and a button to finish off.

Alethea - I found this theme a bit of a challenge as I'm not a fan of red and pink together so it's not
totally red and pink like some of the other cards. My images and papers are from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD and the sentiment is from the Studio 12 Picknix Collection 1 CD. I used this gorgeous pre-coloured image and layered it on a spellbinders die, then finished the card with buttons, flowers, pearls and ribbon and some kindyglitz for a bit of sparkle!!
  
Monica - Usually I don´t use red and pink together. I think it´s hard to match them in the same project and this week was really a challenge to me. But at the end of the journey, I really liked it. I made my card this week using these two CD's: Cherry Blossom Lane CD (I love all the papers on this CD) and Studio 12 CD Picknix collection 1. Everything is distressed with brown makeup. The flower was my creation, some laces and rustic strings,  and a gem to finalize it. And as always, I wrote with my own handwriting the sentiment. Have a great week and good luck. xxx


Miria  I made this big tag using gorgeous Alice in Wonderland stamp set, you can find it on offer in the shop now :) I dabbed the manila cardstock with Distress, sprayed with water, let dry and stamped. I coloured all the images with Distress as well and cut them out. To give dimension I add some corrugated paper, die cuts and a bottle cap with a button



Anne  This week I played with the new Cherryblossom Lane CD.  This is my new favourite so all I've added was a little red ink around the edges and some bakers twine to finish the card.


Lidia  For my card this week I've used the cute fairy Maggie combined with some bright polka dot paper from the Sundae of Seasons CD . I added a glittery heart and button bow to embellish my creation.


Patty  I used a girl from Pretty Sweet CD.  My card  has 3 layers of white, red and pink and I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the girl. This is a birthday card for a little girl.


You have until 12 noon on Sunday 10 February to enter and good luck!

Lots of Layers Plus Pink and Red
......................................................................


9 comments:

  1. Aww what fantastic Dt cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soooo much for choosing my card in your Top 3 x
    Congratulations Lynda and Debbie.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inspiration - it was fun to play along ;)
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the DT's inspirational cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the challenge and the DT fab inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfu1 projects, love the red and pink theme

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry but No.19 needs to be removed, right photo but incorrect link. Didn't realise that mr linky was holding old information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Entry number 29 is linked to the wrong part of my blog hence the second entry at 30. Couldn't delete 29 so please ignore that one. Jax

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!