Friday 22 February 2013

Week 8 Challenge - Fantasy / Fairy Tale

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  Before we move on to the winners from challenge 6 and this week's theme, we have a new lady in the house!!  We are very pleased to announce that Manderly has joined the Polkadoodles team and watch out for her projects - they are coming very soon!

Right, so who were the lucky top three from challenge 6 - Valentine Love?  There were some entries that could not be considered for the top three as they linked up too many challenges - we don't have many rules but they are there to give everyone a fair chance!

1st Place - Pillan  - you win a Picknix 1 CD and please use the code PD1W0806 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Scrappy Max  - you win a download bundle and please use the code PD2W0806
3rd Place - Caroline KISS  - you also win a download and please use the code PD3W0806

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.



Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:

Fantasy or Fairy Tale

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 3 March at 12noon GMT!  The winner of the challenge will win a copy of the Colour Therapy DVD and second and third placed winners each get a download bundle!

Ruth:  I've gone completely outside of my comfort zone this week and used a tiny canvas - stamping and colouring directly onto it!  All the elements are from the fab Wonderland stamp set.  The sentiment and toadstools I stamped onto thick card and then added them as an extra feature to the canvas!


Lucy ~ For this challenge, I was looking on the Back to Nature CD Rom. I always find something new each time I go on the CD. I found this gorgeous paper and printed it off on to printable vellum. I folded the vellum over the card (Image is A4), and secured with ribbon from the Fru Fru set. I added die cut butterflies covered in glitter and added glitter to the peacock's feathers.


Margaret - For this challenge I have used an image from the scrumptious  Sugarplum daisy CD which I have printed out a couple of times and decoupaged up and added some stickles glitter glue.  I cut all the embellishments and the bases for the round easel card out from Marianne dies.  The sentiment is from the rubber stamp set Maggie with a bit of Tim Holtz distress ink through the embossing and on the edges of all the card.


Anjie For this weeks card I have used the Sugarplum Daisy CD. I created the scene on the card then wrapped some acetate around the card creating a dome effect. I cut out some of the animals and put them onto 3D foam on the card and then added more on the acetate front giving it extra dimension. I added the beautiful image with glittered wings on the acetate so it look like she is approaching the house.


I cut out some butterflies and put them on a piece of acetate and hung it over the edge of the acetate front giving it the illusion the butterflies are flying.



JAN:  I've made an easel card this week using the 'Fairy Flutterby' stamp set called 'Bevvieboo'.  I stamped and masked the fairy, then added the butterfly behind her to produce the wings - all coloured with my Promarkers and a touch of glitter.  The sentiment and little baby butterflies are from the same stamp plate.  The background papers are from the 'Pen & Paper Circle - Issue 3'.  Embellishments include some gorgeous little roses which can also be found in the fabbie Polkadoodles store HERE.


Pinky - For my card this time I used Cherryblossom Lane for the background scene, toadstool background and the little toadstool house. The little boy came from the Pretty Tuff CD and the sign post came from Studio 12 Picknix cd. I made a tri fold card using kraft card stock. I wanted to make it look like the  boy has stumbled across a little fairy town!. Everything has either been printed ready coloured or coloured with Promarkers.



Lizzie - I used the Sugar Plum Daisy CD for my cards .... yes I made two again!. Well I printed two sheets off to decoupage the image so I didn't want to waste any!. For this card I tried to create a looking into the garden effect by using my dies to make apertures and layering them up. The paper and sentiment is from the CD too and I used Marianne die Open Flowers for the leaves. I made the flowers and added Dewdrops to the centre.

                       

For the second  card I used my dies to make the card, the left overs from my previous card and another papers from the CD.  Again the sentiment is from the CD, the Swirl and Leaves are both Marianne dies
For both cards I glittered up the flowers and images to add some pizzaz with Stickles glitter glue!


Kim - I decided to make a 'treat bag' for a friend to fill with chocolates! (what could be better than a friend with chocolate!). I've used the Cherryblossom Lane CD and created a cute bunny with fairy wings!. The papers are also from the CD, with a little distress ink on the edges. I've coloured the fairy bunny with Promarkers and added acetate wings with some Stickles.


AnneI thought I'd make a little bookmark for a change this week and used the lovely  Maxine for my image. The papers and embellies are from the Cherryblossom Lane CD


Shell-For my card this week I have used the gorjuss Fairy Flutterfly stamp "Maxine"  the papers and the tickets are from the Sugarplum Daisy CD. I then added a few pearls and flowers from my stash to complete my card. The stamped flowers are also from the stamp set.

Kitty - I have used the lovely Fairy Flutterfly Babsie Stamp for the image and sentiment. All the papers are from the Cherry Blossom Lane. I simply added a few pearls, a bit of ribbon, glitter and a flower.

Clare - For my card this week I have chosen a selection of images from the beautiful Sugar Plum Daisy CD, I have used Nestibilities plain and scallop circles. To finish off my card I have used Liquorice Doodle Dewdrops and Stickles Glitter Glue to embellish the images. 



Eva - I have made a little wall hanger for a child's bedroom. I have used these cute images from The Sundae of Seasons CD. I couldn't resist the cute little bears, so made a Goldilocks card. The designer paper is also from the same CD. I used lots of white and red card stock, some stick on pearls and a red ribbon recycled from a chocolate box from Christmas. 


Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 3 March at 12noon GMT!


7 comments:

  1. OMG peeps - awesome creations!!! Karon, Team B :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo.... I was a winner!
    Thank you so much and congrats to the other ladies.
    I have emailed Nikky.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and wow your cards and projects are amazing from the Dt x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme for a challenge, great inspiration from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your challenge blog and lovely cards from the Dt
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the lovely challenge - the DTs cards are an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of fantastic creations from you all.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!