Friday 5 April 2013

Week 14 Challenge - Pink and Brown

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge!  Just in case you've been too busy munching your way through a chocolate mountain this last week, you may not have noticed a brand new limited edition mini collection cd has been released!

When I say the Design Team love it, I'm not being totally honest because they absolutely love it and you'll see just how versatile the cd is from the samples below!


But be quick - its a limited edition which means limited stock so make sure you get yours before the store sells out!  Click the image above to go straight to the store to buy!

Right, back to the challenge!  The top three from challenge 12 which was Embossing are:

1st Place - Doreen - you win a Colour Therapy DVD - please use the code PD1W1412 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Kym  - please grab your blinkie from the sidebar
3rd Place - Pillan - please grab your blinkie from the sidebar

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


Right, onto the challenge for this week and the theme is:

Pink and Brown

Please don't forget our rules and good luck - the challenge ends on Sunday 14 April at 12noon GMT!  The winner of the challenge will win a copy of the new Emma Canning cd - Digi Stamp Heaven!  The second and third placed winners will each get an Emma Canning download  Now onto some wonderful samples from the Design Team!


Ruth:  I've gone for something more seasonal and have made an Easter Bunny (well, that is what its supposed to be) chocolate holder!  The brown papers are from A Double Sprinkle of Kraft and the pinks are scraps left over from previous projects from Candy Doodles.  Different dies used for various bunny parts plus some twisty-ties for his whiskers.....!


Lou: I have used one of the new Time for Tea designs, "Fall Love" as my focal point which has been coloured with Promarkers. I needed to break the colour up, so made her hair blue which I know is outside the colour brief but needs must! The sentiment is from the new Studio 12 range, "Leave a little sparkle".


Margaret.....I have used one of the images from the new cd Fredericka and made a Mum to be gift bag with papers from the wonderful Picknix 1 cd


Anjie - The image I've used is from the new range of Time For Tea Designs that are available to buy here. I've coloured the image in with ProMarkers. The papers are from the Pretty Sweet CD and the sentiment from Sensational Sentiments Stamp Sheet. I've added some bling, flowers and lace from my stash.


Lizzie - I used the new Fredricka Collection for both the image, paper and sentiment!! Spellbinder dies for the oval and border, (I cut up a square die cut to make the border !) Marianne Dies for the leaves, gems and some distressed inks.

Soo........... I got carried away again just loving this new release and made another card! This time I used a pre-coloured image, again the sentiment is from the CD. This time I used Distress InksSpellbinder (Card and sentiment) and Marianne Dies (Flowers and leaves) gems and glittered up the flowers with Stickles!


Ok I got really really carried away and made a third card!! I used all the same products for this card as the ones above! I started printing the papers off the new CD and just fell in love with them!!



Pinky - I used an image and sentiment from the new mini cd Fredericka. Backing papers are from Picknix Studio 12 Cd. She is coloured with promarkers. Made a paper bow using paper from same cd.


Shell-For my pink and brown card I've used my fave image from the new Fredericka mini cd collection along with some papers from the cd, I then added a few flowers and pearls from my stash to finish it off.


JAN ~ I also used an image from the brand new 'Fredericka mini CD collection' for my card this week, which I printed and coloured with Promarkers.  The squares of paper and sentiment tickets are also from the CD.



Lucy: for this challenge I decided to do a journal page. I used the digi image and papers from the Pretty Sweet CD ROM. I coloured the image with Pro Markers.


Anne - I've used papers and one of the new gorgeous girlies from the  Fredericka CD for my card this week.
                         

Kim - I've used an image from the new Fredericka cd and coloured her with promarkers and flexmarkers.  The backing papers and sentiment are also from the cd. The die cut flowers are made with a Marianne die

Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules!  Closing date for the challenge is Sunday 14 April at 12noon GMT.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome creations from the Dt.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creations from the design team. Thanks for the inspiration. xxx

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great embossing!! How you guys do that!!! Look so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Fredericka cd looks fun! great cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations everyone.Incredible.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. GReat project from the DT.

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!