Friday 10 May 2013

Week 19 - Anniversaries

Good morning everyone it's Friday again and time to welcome in a new challenge at Polka Doodles.

We hope you're all enjoying the fab Tutorials our talented Design Team members are now creating for you but if you've managed to miss them, do scroll through and see the amazing inspiration - you really don't want to miss it!

Before we get to the challenge inspiration, we need to announce the winners from the Week 17 Birthdays With Bling Challenge - there were loads of fabulous entries as always which made it very hard for the DT but there can only be 3 winners and here they are:

1st Place - Sharon Gurnhill  - you win a Cherryblossom Lane CD and please use the code PD1W1917 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Eret  - you win a Download and please use the code PD2W1917
3rd Place - Lisa Jane  - you also win an Emma Canning Download and please use the code PD3W1917

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


This week's challenge is to make something for Anniversaries and which sort is totally up to you. As you'll see, the Design Team have gone for quite a few variations.This week's winner will receive a Colour Therapy DVD which is chock full of Nikky's fab colouring techniques and tips - how great is that!


Karon - I decided to go with a CAS card this week and so this didn't really take long to make, once I had decided on which papers I wanted to use.  I used papers from the All Around and Everywhere CD, there are really are stunning papers in this collection.  The sentiment is one off the Cherryblossom Lane CD, another wonderful collection, and I just merged it with the backing paper.  A little bit of tulle and an embellishment to finish it off.


Fliss - My card features one of the lovely images from the Emma Canning CD Digistamp Heaven called (very appropriately) Happy Anniversary. I coloured the image with Aquamarkers having printed it out on to thick cartridge paper then cut it into a heart shape and inked round the edge. I covered my card blank with papers from a mix of CDs including Sugarplum Daisy and added bunting and die cut hearts to embellish.



Asha - I made this little gift for our neighbour's 18 year old daughter. She wants a little keepsake to give her boyfriend on the anniversary of their 1st date. I used papers and labels from the Love and Cherish CD to make this simple booklet with pockets for a little card and a photo matt. I like it so much I might just make one for myself!




Alethea - I enjoyed making this card!! It was quick and easy using paper from the Love and Cherish CD Rom. I then duplicated the paper and cut out the heart so that I could 3D it! I then painted it with smooch spritz and covered it in with crystal effects. I then just added the ribbon and rhinestones to the middle of some of the flowers.


Miria  A clean and simple  shaped card, no coloured image, unusual for me :). The punched sentiment is from Love and Cherish CD , the grey patch is from Candy doodles Collectors edition and the dotted paper  is from Pretty Tuff. I just added some washi, a charm and ribbon and lace.


Anjie For my card this week I have used papers, embellishments and an image from the Love & Cherish CD. I haven't done any colouring on this which is unusual for me! I've glittered some of the embellishments and some of the petals on the roses. Everything is matted onto gold mirror card, with a few flowers and a bow added.


Sally - Hi, for my card this week I have used the Double Sprinkles of Kraft CD Rom which I love, it is cute and whimsical and I love the colours.  I have chosen one of the Winnie and friends image in the Wellies and customised one of the tags to say "I  Welly love you". I used some backing papers from the CD also and other cardstock from my crafty stash! Added a bow, buttons, punched flowers and butterflies.



Some fabulous creations I'm sure you'll agree! You have until 12 noon GMT on Sunday 19 May to enter and good luck!
................................................................................


9 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winners and "wow" gorgeous creations from the Dt's x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for picking me as no 3.. well done 1 &2 .. fab projects by the DT this week Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the DT samples! All so different & each one beautiful in its own way!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gongratulations to all the winners. I'm so happy to be one of them :)
    DT has done amazing projects as always. Thank you for inspiration.
    Eret xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab job from the DT, as always. Congratulations to all of the winners from last week....
    ;)
    Marg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects from the Dt, thansk for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome DT projects and congrats to all winners.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous DT creations and thanks for a great challenge hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab creations from you all.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!