Friday 13 December 2013

Wk 50 - Polkadoodles and Studio 12 Challenge - Anything Goes!

So can you believe how close we are - how many sleeps?? Oh my word it's crazy!! We hope you're all organised and pressied out and preparing for the big day but just in case you're not we thought we'd bring you some amazing inspiration that might help you make your Christmas table look stunning this week...

Our challenge for you at home is
Anything Goes
but the Design Team challenge this week is
Make Something for the Christmas Table

So - scroll to the bottom of the post to see if you are a winner from our Week 48 challenge and in the meantime have a snoop at the fantastic creative makes the team are bringing you this week!...

You have until 22nd December to enter this challenge so we hope you can find time to show us your lovely makes! The winner of this challenge will win a special Christmas Bonus stash of £30 of stash and our Top 3 faves will also each win a prize too!

Ruth: I've used a church candle that I've had for longer than I care to remember!  I've used the decoupage elements from A Home for Christmas and printed off a sheet of vellum from Here Comes Christmas and added it behind the decoupage.  I curled the images over the table edge so they didn't stick out too much!
Anjie - For my project I have made some place cards.I used papers and embellishments from the A Home for Christmas CD Collection. I layered 2 papers in a graphics program and added a black border to make the top one pop out. I added the names in the program and then printed them out and printed out some of the trees to cut out and put in place with 3D foam.
 

Lizzie Oh I got so excited at this challenge so I made two projects !!! For my first project ....... Every year I make peppermint creams to have with coffee after dinner, so I thought .......... how about something to serve them in. I used the A Home for Christmas CD. Using the embellishment of Santa flying in his sleigh and blowing it up in my graphics program so I had the sleigh as big as I needed it. The paper for the bottom is also from the CD cut as a strip adhered to either side of the sleigh to make a place to hold my peppermint creams ! I added some tissue paper to make it look glam and of course I glittered the sleigh stars and words and Santa with my Stickles !

 

My second project was VERY quick and simple. I made these Christmas trees from papers from the A Home for Christmas CD I drew triangles and folded the paper ! I used a heart from the embellishments on the CD, adhered it to a cocktail stick and placed it down the top of the tree !! I thought they would look great in the middle of the table amongst the dishes stood in groups, but they also look great around my sleigh too !!!

Bev I"m really struggling to get into the Christmas spirit this year so have needed to find things to make that are quick, fun and functional. So I came up with place settings for my table. I adore the little penguins on Here Comes Christmas CD Rom so used them,  a backing paper, my graphics programme a little glitter and the off gem. A very quick make to add a special touch to the Christmas table.


JAN - Here's my take on the Christmas table decorations using papers and a sentiment from the 'Angelberry Christmas CD' (which is currently available for just £7.00 at our on-line store).  The Tree is made from paper rosettes (using a cutting die) and the cracker is made using a template which I found on the internet. 


Patty- For my inspiration this week I've made some Place Card set to put on every sits on the table when we sit down to enjoy our Holiday Dinner. I  printed the notes using paper from the Angelberry cd, and printed an cut out the Xmas tree from Here Comes Christmas added the cut out start on top and voula you have this amazing and easy to make placecard.



Shell- For my inspiration this week I have decorated a candle to put on the table when we sit down to our turkey and trimmings. I simply printed our my fave angel from the Angelberry cd, added some ribbon and a flower ribbon trim and a snowflake cut on my cameo machine.

Haven't they done a great job?

The winner of our Week 48 Sketch challenge is
IKE
Well done! Email us here to claim your prize!
I think we confused you with the wording on this challenge as we didn't have many entries so we decided that you were ALL our favourites on week 48 - go grab your Top 3 blinkie from the sidebar!

Don't forget you have until 22nd December to enter this week's Anything Goes! See you Tuesday!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments:

  1. All are totally stunning projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Wonderful projects ladies they are all absolutely stunning, I love them all.
    I am following in all ways I can, from a brand new blog, all visits and follows will be most welcome and highly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.
    Love and best wishes.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, das sind ja tolle Sachen, einfach wunderschön
    lg gertrude

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried so many times to link my card but Mr Linky will just NOT appear no matter how many times I try. My card is here if you want to see it.
    http://hazel-hazelshappyhouse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/osaat-194-anything-goes.html

    Hazel L x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just called back and managed to add my card. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creations everyone.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hug,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!