Friday 7 March 2014

Week 10 Polkadoodles Challenge - MUM's THE WORD

Oh my goodness, can you believe it?  We are already into March - where are the months going?!

And of course it's Friday and we have a new challenge for you, for this fortnight.  
Our theme this time around is 
Mum's the Word  
Mother's Day is sneaking up on us here in the UK, but you don't have to do a Mother's Day card, it could be a card for your Mums birthday, or your Grandma.  Let's see what you come up with this time.
Remember you don't have to use one of our products to enter but we'd love it if you did and you have until 21st March to enter!

Don't forget Polkadoodles has a fantastic new collection available and shipping now which might also be great for this theme! It's an absolute snip at only £8.99!
The prize for this fortnights challenge, Mum's the Word, is a copy of this fantastic collection! Wow!

The winner and top 3 from our Week 7 Challenge Love/Romance, can be found at the end of this post.  But first we have some wonderful DT creations for your inspiration.

Alethea - Well it's not even close to Mother's Day here in Australia so I am going to be well prepared this year...LOL! I have made a Mother's Day card using papers and elements from Bonbon Belles Double cd. And this fab image Dollie Daydream - Bouquet digi  is one of the new Dollie Daydream images which I coloured in with tria markers.
Zoe - We had this photo taken at my parent's Ruby Wedding anniversary meal and I love it, so it was a perfect choice for me to create a scrapbook layout for this 'Mum' challenge. I used the gorgeous Studio 12 Picknix collection 1 (mainly the home set) I took the images into Serif Craftartist to create this layout using background papers, embellishments (our fav things - coffee, cake & chocolate!) and a frame. I've saved it as a JPEG so that I can then print it out at my leisure to put into my memory book.
Karon - Well, with Mother's Day coming up - what a fabulous challenge to set.  I chose to use one of the characters from the Bonbon Belles collection.  The frame, character (pre-coloured) and sentiment are from this wonderful double CD and I decided to make a shaped easel card.  The little floral paper is from the Sugar Birdies CD.
JAN - I decided to go a little different this time and make a word book for 'Mum' using the lettering template from the 'Candy Doodles CD'.  I used papers and images from the 'Cherryblossom Lane CD' to embellish, along with a few bits from my stash.
Claire C I've used one of my favourite images from Dollie Daydream Girl Talk Collection, coloured with Graph'It Markers. The dp is also from the same collection.
Asha - My card is a demo on the versatility of Polka Doodles products. I made this Mother's Day card - a commission from my 4 year old Goddaughter. In her words, she describes her mummy as "soft and cuddly, warm like the sun and prettier than all the flowers in the garden". Tall order, but I found all I needed from various CDs: Bunny and ticket tags from Cherryblossom Lane, background paper from Bonbon Belles, vertical floral panel from Sugar Birdies and the layered blossom from Dolly Daydream Girl Talk. Don't they all work together in perfect harmony? 
Kerrie With Mother's Day in a few weeks this Challenge is just right - I've used Papers and Digi Image (coloured with alcohol markers) from Digi Stamp Heaven - Fredericka CDrom I just love the Images on this CDrom and the soft tones in the Papers are so so gorgeous. I have chosen Sentiments for this card using Dollie Daydream Goes East CDrom I love the phrases and words on there. The Lettering I have cut out using an electric Machine but using the Papers again for perfect colour matching. I like to mix and match between the CDrom's by Polkadoodles as they are all so versatile. 
Sally - This weeks challenge is Mums the Word!  So I used my Picknix Collection1 CD Rom for a digitally crafted card this week.  I took the Welcome Home Section into My Craft Studio and chose all my papers and embellishments to create this card.  I am really pleased how it turned out.

Aren't they fabulous creations!

Our Week 7 Randomly chosen winner is 
#3 Dee
You have won our fabulous Dollie Daydream Goes East Collection
Well Done!  Email us here to claim your prize.

Our favourite Top 3 chosen by the Design Team are:
#13 Joyce
#21 Bo

Well done everyone and don't forget to grab your blinkies!

You have until Friday 21 March at noon GMT to enter 
the Mum's the Word Challenge and please make sure you follow the rules.
1. No Backlinks
2. Please follow the challenge theme!
3. Maximum of 2 entries per person!

* * * * *
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning creations well done all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled to have been chosen as last week's challenge winner - thanks so much. Congrats to the Top 3 - these are all amazing works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so inspirational,,, and so need to be getting all the cd's xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work everyone!
    Thanks for sharing your talents.
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeh!! Got linky to work without crashing again. Lovely inspiration from the DT 's ....thank you Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the fun challenge and the fabulous DT work for added inspiration! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!