Friday 16 May 2014

Wk 20 - Things With Wings...Polkadoodles Challenge

Welcome to another Polkadoodles challenge!

Firstly, don't forget our FREE CANDY and blog hop is still open and you can get all those fantastic freebies if you haven't already hopped with us! We're surprised we don't have more entries for all the lush stash! ENTER HERE!!!

Our latest release of Work and Play is shipping now so make sure you don't miss these collections, they are so fabulous!
** Work & Play Collection 4
This is Number 4 which is the latest in the collection and these images are also available in the download store too so you don't have to wait for the postman! Make sure you check out the store this week there are loads of new products including some amazing stamps you will ADORE! 

Our Week 18/19 challenge closes at noon today so if you're super quick you can still get your entries in, If not be sure to join in our new challenge

Things With wings

You have until noon GMT on Friday 30th May to enter this one and we will announce the winner on 6th June. Dont forget you dont HAVE to use Polkadoodles products to enter the challenge, but please just make sure you follow our rules in the sidebar -->

The winner of this challenge will receive their own choice of 4 digis from our Work and Play collection and our Top 3 winners will all receive a digi each too - great prize!! 

We will announce the winners of our week 18/19 challenge next week, so in the meantime let's get to the good stuff and see what the team have come up with this week - you are going to be WOW'd!!!

Katie - Good Morning all This weeks challenge is a great challenge because there is nothing I like more than things with wings!! I use Double Sprinkles CD ROM for my image and backing paper I then coloured in the digi stamps and I am really pleased how it turned out. Come and join in the fun I cannot wait to see your creations, Have fun and Keeeeeeeeep Crafting Katie xx

Susan For this challenge I have used Sundae of Seasons CD...All the papers and embellishments are from the Summer section on Sundae of Seasons. I have made a plant pot and a topiary tree and cut out lots of sun flowers from the paper then stuck them to a paper ball and added lots of cute little bees, bee hives and honey pots from the embellishments.

Bev here with my take on this week's challenge. I just love butterflies and fancied doing something a bit different so made an inspirational wall hanging using Bonbon Belles cd rom - seriously you need this double disc in your collection its jammed packed! With lots of wonderful sentiments too.

Scatty Jan... Oh what a fab theme this week, Things with wings - My project started of as a garden themed a gazebo with a single bench to the side, as I was attaching bits the bench fell over and I randomly stood it up in front aha! a wedding project was in the making, 5 more benches later an arch of flowers decorated and a red carpet laid! I have used the digi by Emma Canning here comes the bride - coloured with Graph'It Markers, glamour dust on her dress. The flowers were cut from a paper from Bonbon Belles CD, the butterflies, dragonfly and ladybird also from Bonbon Belles CD and cut onto acetate - lots more piccy's on my blog xx


Claire C I love this week's theme and had loads of fun colouring up this gorgeous image from A Double Sprinkle of Kraft with my Graph'It Markers and adding lots of little butterflies die cut from the backing paper. The backing paper and sentiment are from another favourite Cd, Dollie Daydream Girl Talk Collection.


Anjie - I've taken the theme laterally and this is my make....

So where's the wings you are asking! They are on her arms, water wings!
The cute image is from the Work and Play collection CD 4 which will be in the store soon!
She is coloured with Graph'It Markers. The papers are from the Wonderland CD-Rom and the die cut beach huts are from Tattered Lace. To get the distressed effect on them I painted them with White Gesso and then used Pan Pastels over the top. Then I have sanded them and then added a touch more Gesso on the railings. I think the effect is great, give it a go!
For the sand and sea I have used some micro beads I have had in a drawer for years!

Lou: I have used Sugar Birdies for this week theme and created a round card with lots of round layers! Even the plain coloured card has been printed from this CD as there is a FAB-a-roo section on there of plain designs (which have a linen effect to them once printed). These plain designs co-ordinate perfectly with th epatterened papers and images.



Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!