Friday 13 June 2014

Wk 24 - Somewhere over the rainbow - Polkadoodles Challenge

Welcome to the start of a new challenge here at Polkadoodles.
Our DT call has been extended until June 13th - today, so make sure you get your application in quickly. If you've missed it, please still apply, you never know we might make an exception! ; ) 
Our theme for this fortnight is
Over the Rainbow
What a great challenge!
You have until noon GMT on Friday 27th June to enter this challenge and we will announce the winner on Friday 4th July
Don't forget that you do not have to use Polkadoodles products to enter the challenge, but please make sure you follow the rulesthat are in the side bar ---->
The RANDOM winner of this challenge will win FIVE, yes FIVE digis! Woohoo great prize! The design team will pick their favourite Top 3 : ) 

Now it's time to see the Design Team's creations for this week...

Ruth: I've interpreted the theme as starting new and fresh and have used some of the fabulous Studio 12 stamps - Dreamy Trees, House of Hearts, House of Possibility and Sunshine House. Coloured with Promarkers and then popped onto the ribbed card with foam pads and I've added some cute little key charms and a handwritten sign.
Bev here with my take on our 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' theme this card could be used as a 'sympathy' card or just to let someone know you're thinking of them.... I used the rainbow, cloud and sun images from the Picnix 1 cd rom. The Thinking of You and Flying Bird stamps. Mounted onto some black card stock to help make the colours pop!
Claire C I've used lots of goodies from the gorgeous new Rose Budd Collection CD for my card - both images were coloured with Graph'It markers and then layered up over one of the beautiful scenes from the CD. To create my 'rainbow' I use some of the fabby butterflies and bows embellishments from the same CD...
Katie Some where over the rainbow weight a pie!!! So I thought about going to the supermarket to get mine!! I used elements from Work & Play 4  I have also used some punches and flowers from my stash.  have fun and Keeeeeeeeeep Crafting xx
Yvonne - Hi there!! I'm the newbie to the team and I am delighted to be here and what a fantastic theme to start off with for me. 'Somewhere over the rainbow' - immediately makes me think of the fabulous movie and of course, what springs to mind but the ruby slippers. So I decided to make my project based on ruby red shoes. I used Dollie Daydream Girl Talk Collection and from the embellishment section, I selected the pair of shoes, which I coloured with my Graph'It Markers, the backing paper is from the new Rose Budd Collection (so lush). I framed the shoes using a Tattered Lace die and finished off with some ribbon and other embellishments from my stash.  
Susan - This week I have used the lovely Sugar Plum Daisy CD . I have printed out 3 toppers so that I could decoupage the flowers to make a rainbow of roses. The rolled roses and other embellishments have been cut from the pieces of backing papers. Everything I have used for my card has come from the CD except the butterfly...
Anjie - I've decided to make a rainbow of flowers for my project using the colours of the rainbow for each flower. The stamp set I have used is The purpose of Art. I have stamped onto Centura Pearl cardstock and used a green and a blue Pan Pastel to create sky and ground. Finally I have drawn a rough line around the edge to add extra interest.

Over the Rainbow
Don't forget  you have until the 27th June, noon GMT to enter
and add you entry to Mr Linky below. We can't wait to see your makes
*****
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!