Friday 5 December 2014

Week 49 - Secret Santa (part 1)...Polkadoodles challenge

Welcome back to another fabulous challenge!

We've gone all "Secret Santa" here at Polka Doodles for the next fortnights challenge as we wanted to make our last challenge of 2014 a little bit different with the festive season looming.

Each of the DT has made a card for someone else on the DT but nobody knows who is making for whom ... hee, hee, hee....

So the challenge this fortnight is ...
"Who would you make a Secret Santa card for and why?"

Link up to the challenge using Mr Linky below ...... now you don't necessarily have to make a card or project for this challenge but you could do a short post instead sharing your Secret Santa (crush/hero/heroine etc etc). Link up to your post as normal and use the photo of your secret crush Santa in Mr Linky. If you do make a project, link as per normal.

NOW as an added bit of fun, visit each DT blog and have a guess, using the clues, as to whom they may have made their project for .... leave a comment on their blog with your idea and you could be in with the chance of winning a prize of a wonderful Polka Doodles digi image. We will randomly choose 3 DT blogs (names in a hat thing) and then randomly chose a comment from each blog and the winning comment will each receive a Polka Doodles digi image.

This special Secret Santa will last for 2 weeks so you have until 18th December to enter - if you're canny you could win 3 digis and we will also have 3 fabulous overall prize winners chosen at random, each of whom will receive a copy of one of our amazing Collections worth at least £10.99 each!

The winners of our Clean and Simple Challenge Weeks 46/47 are at the end of this post!

So let's see who has made what this week .....

Scatty Jan Wow how much fun are we going to have over the coming weeks - I made my card using the Festive Hollybobs collection - This is available as a cd or download collection.
For my first clue I am going to tell you I live in the UK but to reach my Secret Santa's destination my card has travelled by aeroplane..... For more clues , and some more photo's  and to leave your guess come visit my blog xx
Asha - Secrets, surprise and Santa ... these are a few of my favourite things! The background paper is from Angelberry Christmas, the cosy houses and trees are from A Home For Christmas and the greeting is from Festive Hollybobs. To accentuate the snow I used Texture Paste and glitter. For extra sparkle and shimmer I used Liquid Pearls and Stickles.
Clue: My Secret Santa is into crafting, cooking and cats. She lives way across the pond and ... tell you more on my blog! 

Karon - This is so much fun and great that you can all join in too :-)  I have also used the fabulous Work and Play 5 Festive Hollybobs collection for my card.  I coloured this little lady with pencils. She is also available as a single download, along with other characters off this wonderful CD.
For my first clue, my secret Santa keeps herself very fit and is very busy throughout the year.  There are some more clues on my blog - so why not stop by and have a guess :-)

Ashley-What a blast this week has been making my Secret Santa Card for a Secret Friend! I used the amazing Festive Hollybobs collection.(Yes I am addicted to that one) Since this is a Christmas Challenge I just had to do a whimsical Winter scene. I tried a fun zig zag snowflake print for the background and I think it makes the card all the more "whimsy" 
Now for the fun part : 
My very first clue for the recipient of this card is that she has beautiful blue eyes. Need another hint? Hop on over to my blog and catch the rest of the clues!

MelI had great fun making my Secret Santa card - the CD I opted for is once again Festive Hollybobs, and I've gone a bit dotty for beautiful big satin bows since using this gorgeous ribbon on a gift bag recently. I love the sumptuous effect it gives for this time of year! And of course you can't go wrong with a lovely stick pin and some sparkly silver skeleton leaves.
My first clue for the recipient of this card is that she's got blonde hair. The rest of the clues are on my blog, so do pop by to take a look :)

AnnaAs a surprise for a very nice friend living in England, and who creates beautiful things (you can read more about her on my blog), I decided to make a round, Holiday card using paper from the Picknix Collection 2...Gingerbread Twist CD collection, without a picture, but with my favourite die cut deer, a poinsettia, which I made myself, and a Polish saying “Magia Swiat Bozego Narodzenia”, which means “The Magic of Christmas”. Besides blue, which I used here, all accessories are in two colours – white and red (they are symbolic of Poland, a country in which I live) - because I wanted the friend, for whom I made this card with great pleasure, to know where I am from.



Leah - Hello everyone!  It's a might chilly up here right now, so the heat is on full blast!  I have made a Christmas card for my Secret Santa recipient using Maddie with Present, and some of the cut out printable tags from the Festive Hollybobs Collection.  I coloured Maddie with my Prismacolor pencils and used a Wink of Stella pen to give her an all around halo.
I have a special clue for you:  my Secret Santa recipient has a special pooch!  :)


Cheremane - I love this fab idea and I hope you will enjoy and join in the fun with us. I have done a clean and simple Christmas card for my Secret Santa and I have used Octavia Friendly Hugs Digi and the Papers and Bow are from Work and Play Festive HollyBobs Cd
Now onto a clue: She is a lovely lady and loves Fairy's, for a few more clue's pop on over to my Blog.
                                              


Lou: I hope my Secret Santa person likes my card as I have been brave and used glitter just for them. I have used an image from the Work and Play Festive HollyBobs CD and papers from Angelberry Christmas. My first clue is that this person lives by the coast.



The "Secret Santa" challenge will end on THURSDAY 18th DECEMBER at midnight (GMT) and winners will be announced on FRIDAY 19th DECEMBER. along with the challenge winner.

You will get all the clues and loads more info on all the blogs so make sure you pop in and see all the team and leave comments to be in with a chance of winning their digistamps - we're keeping it secret who has the key to the digis so you have to enter on everyone in case you miss out LOL!!

Our winner as chosen by Random Org for our Clean and Simple Challenge is

#57 - Leona
You have won a fabulous download bundle worth £5 from the digistore
Please email us here to claim you prize, quoting PD49001wk46

Our Top 3 this week, as chosen by the DT, 
you all made such fabulous creations it was really difficult.

#5 - Kathyk
#11 - Novinka
#50 - Sue N

Congratulations to everyone, don't forget to take your blinkies from the sidebar.

Just to let you know that the winner for our Nordic Christmas Challenge, will be announced next Friday, 12 December.

See you next week for Round 2!! Good luck!!
*****

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!