Friday 11 September 2015

Week 37 - Crafting Challenge at Polkadoodles - Shabby Chic

Shop on Etsy

--------------------------------------------------------------


Happy Friday Everyone!
We have a new challenge for you and our theme is

Shabby Chic

You can make anything you like for the challenge, as long as it follows the theme.
You do not need to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges.
Our rules are over there in the side bar ---->
You have until Noon, GMT, Friday 25th September to enter

Our random winner for this challenge will win 
 $10 of downloads from the store


Now lets take a look at the fabulous creations this week...



Ruth:  Kraft card and pink - perfect shabby chic combination!  The polkadot pink papers are from the Serenity Fairy CD layered with foam pads onto kraft card letters (my own templates) then haphazardly added to the card base with half pearls for added detail.  Lots of tiny pearl dots around the edge of the card blank to keep it all contained.



Naz - The image I have used for this project is from Twiggy & Toots Festive Fun collection.
The sentiment is also from the same collection. Dies I have used for this project: Di-Namics Stax Dies Pierced Circle and Die-Namcis Die-Frosty Snowflake. I used Kaisercraft clear stamp to stamp the image of the chandelier on my card.



Anita- Hi there today for my shabby chic make I used backing papers and the fabulous Miss Constance from the Rose Budd Collection what a timeless must have so much packed in on one collection for any occasion, Miss Constance is also available as a rubber stamp Here.


Anna...I made a universal card, almost for any occasion, with new flowers, with lace, doily, lots of layers made from Winston collection papers. 


Ria- for the Shabby Chic challenge I tried something new to me with the beautifull Octavia Frosted Winter collection. This is called a PocketLetter.  I cut out all the elements with the Silhouette Cameo and coloured  Fox Capers with pencils and sansodor. This pocket thing is something people collect game cards in and ATC cards :) 


Jenny - For the Shabby Chic design this time I have used the papers from the Rosebud Collection, I didn't want to use an image so just printed a message on the pc and added a few flowers and some lace.


Anjie - Everything I have used is from the super cute Angelberry Christmas collection. I set the pink papers onto a Kraft card card base to start the look of, then I distressed the edges of the papers by sanding them and pierced some holes in it. I have layered everything up on 3D foam to make it pop more. I fussy cut around the pre-coloured image and also placed her onto 3D foam.

Claire C I couldn't resist colouring this adorable image from Twiggy and Toots Festive Fun (available here as a CD or here as a download) and added some of the gorgeous papers, a gingham frame a sentiment and a paper bow to create this card.


Bev here with my take on Shabby Chic & I didn't even know what it was lol! I had to opt for Nordic Winter its my go to when I'm stumped it never fails to disappoint and I have to say I'm really pleased with the end result.


Jessie - Here is my version of Shabby Chic. I used a Sentiment from the Octavia Moonfly Say it all. I opted to go with lots of layers of peach, pink, cream, white, brown ruffed up and layered together. I slapped some gesso all over the card and flowers and seam binding and called it complete. It has been a long time sense I have made a card like this. Make a card and give this challenge a shot its super fun!


Jackie- This week is all about Shabby Chic for the new challenge. I couldn't go past the great digis in the Twiggy and Toots  CD Collection. The difficult task was choosing which one to use. I have added lace, pearls and beads to create my interpretation of the theme. Details for colouring using Copic markers are on my blog.


Wendy - For this weeks Shabby Chic inspiration card, I've used a sentiment as my main focus rather than an image. The sentiment is from In The Garden Download bundle which I have recoloured in Craft Artist and the backing paper is from the Home Grown download bundle. You can also get both these together with a third collection in the Picnix 1 download or as a CD.


Lou:  I knew straight away which collection I wanted to use for my "Shabby Chic" project and that was "Rose Budd". Adore all the embellishment and ephemera images you have in the CD/download. I have used one one of the postcard images, added my own sentiment and went from there ...





Such great inspiration.

Can't wait to see what you come up with, we love visiting your blogs 
to take a look  at your wonderful creations.
Remember only 2 entries per person please.

Have a great week!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!