Friday 12 February 2010

Week 6 Challenge - Hearts & Flowers

It's Friday, so it's time for another Polka Doodles challenge. This week it's my turn Dolly to set the theme and I've gone for


Hearts and Flowers

I'd like to see hearts, flowers or a mixture of both. Most of all just have some fun! Remember to be in with a chance of winning a Polka Doodles prize all we ask is that you enter your project in no more than 10 challenges including this one.

The winners from Challenge 4 which was a Non Traditional Coloured Valentine Card are:

First Place: Sherri
Second Place: Mary S
Third Place: Darsie

Please contact Nikky for further details and your blinkies! Congratulations!

Our lovely Guest Designer Teri has done a great take on this week's challenge..."I made a heart shaped box and used the stackies flowers on it. Hope it will do for you!!" Well...ok then, Teri, we think this is gorge!



Kris: I've used Love & Cherish for the main paper and then cut flowers from the Sugar Birdies CD. Not one bit of extra coloring this one but I did add some stickers to spell the word LOVE down the center and the hearts cut out of the red border to scatter around.


Enfys: A lot of hearts but not many flowers on mine, but I reckoned that as the floating hearts look like a bunch of flowers, I could get away with it - well that's my excuse! I printed the paper out twice from the Love and Cherish cd, then cut out the hearts and popped them on with foam pads. A lot of bling and I was done!




Ruth: I've used a welly boot template, covered it with spotty paper from Sugar Birdies and printed some of the flowers at A5 size, curled the edges, added buttons and jute string and then glued them to the boot. I've used chalks and ink to create shading and depth.


Brenda - I have used the Boundless Love section of Love and Cherish CD - probably my favourite section of the CD as I adore the swirls and colours. I printed two sheets so I could cut out and decoupage the flowers and leaves, used one of the toppers and glittered the heart, then finally added some gems and a simple 'I love you' sentiment.



Kerry - I’ve been exploring what's on my Cricut cartridges and saw these hat pins on Opposites Attract. I thought they looked great as little heart flowers plus I made some flowers to match using some Cuttlebug dies. The papers are from the Back to Nature CD.



Kate: Lots of flowers and not so many hearts (they are hiding on the tag ) for me I used the flower stackies from Back to nature and the bridal couple and background paper from love and cherish.I coloured the couple with promarkers and glittered her veil and tiara with a sakura gel pen.


Claire - I am enjoying playing with a circle easel card this week and decided that the owls with hearts and a few flowers from the Love & Cherish CD would be ideal, I have layered flowers with a heart brad in centre - a great romantic combination!


Fliss: All in the pink for me this time using the gorgeous hearts papers and cut out hearts from the Love & Cherish CD. I've embossed my cut out hearts with a Cuttlebug folder and layered them up with some of the pretty heart border strips. The polka dot background paper has been edged with a Martha Stewart border punch and a flower and sentiment added to finish.




Dolly: I’ve used a mix of CDs to create this gift bag. Just love this red check paper I’ve discovered on Sugar Birdies. The black outline letters are from Back to Nature, printed on to patterned paper and layered on blue card and foam pads for some definition. The flower template is from Love and Cherish.




Krista...I made a cake shape card..I used the love and Cherish CD.   I just heart that flower paper, so I cut out the one flower I needed. Lots of embossing.




Nettie: I love these papers from the Love and Cherish CD, black and red are so striking. I have used the set to make a wallet style Wedding Invitation.



Lou : I have used the cute Daisy papers from the Love & Cherish CD, backed onto the scrummy Picnic Bright papers from the Back to Nature CD. The card has been stamped with the flower stamps from the Daisy Doodles collection & they have been lightly chalked. Hand cut the large hearts from the same papers & layered on top of each other. Finally finished with organza ribbon & sentiment.



The deadline for challenge entries is Sunday 21 February at 12noon - please add a direct link to your creation with Mr Linky below! Good luck!
PS We've had a few technical issues with Mr Blogger this week, so if this post looks a bit odd you know why!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki

    Just watching you on Create and Craft and have bought the Back to Nature CD - can't wait to get my hands on it. Your heart flower creation was amazing.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous DT work this week girls! Thanks for allowing my efforts to sit alonside yours this month!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Amazing and imaginative breations by the DT! Thanks for the inspiration ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful bunch of samples. Lots of spin off ideas. That boot is definitely inspirational.
    Here's my contribution. Thanks a bunch
    http://yogiemp.blogspot.com/2010/02/cbh-feb-9th-valentines.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards this week ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bonne saint valentin a tous j'espere que ma carte vous plaira merci pour ce nouveau challenge très sympa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You girls are sure tempting me to get one or more of your CD's, maybe I'll get some valentine money.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the inspiration, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards ladies and the welly boot is fab!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are fantastic. I love the colors and all that each of you did. I really enjoy doing your challenges.

    TFL,

    Debra

    Designs by dj

    ReplyDelete
  11. At last, my creation is on my blog, I'll get an early start on the next one, thanks DT for the stunning ideas once again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another fun challenge, good luck to everyone.
    ~Lisa a.k.a. ScripperScrapper

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!