Friday 22 June 2012

Week 25 - Trooping The Colour

Hey everyone, boy do we have lots of news for you this week!
First of all, make sure you watch Nikky tonight (Friday) and tomorrow (Saturday) on Create and Craft / Ideal World TV (9pm and 11pm tonight; 10am, 3pm and 7pm Saturday) with some great Letraset shows for you!

So we have been completely swamped at Doodle Towers over the past couple of weeks since the Picknix Collection launched - man o man you know a good one when you see it, we sold out of our stock in less than 10 minutes, added more again and then sold out again 12 minutes later and we're still struggling to keep up with production now! If you didn't see it you can check it out here and make sure you nab it before it goes back to normal price too!
We have also now launched our brand new blog for Studio 12 which you are just going to absolutely love for all the inspiration and creative stuff you can do with digital hybrid crafting, so make sure you sign up to follow and get our daily feed of inspiration from the DT - once we reach a milestone of 300 followers we will be giving away some great candy over there!...
Talking of Design Teams, I hope you've all seen our TWO Design Team calls which close on Sunday! If you haven't entered yet make sure you check them both out, we're looking for very different things on each team, the Polkadoodles call is here and the Studio 12 call is here - go, go, go!!

Pheweeee so much to tell you about!! NOW, in addition to all this, we also were naughty and forgot to announce the winners of our Big Birthday challenge! I think we gave you a curved ball here as we posted this on a different day and I think some of you missed it, what a shame! So without further ado we are very happy to announce our winners...we had an All Around the World challenge which meant we encouraged people from overseas to enter (but, shame on some of you who didn't tell us what country you were from and made it really hard for us to judge, please read rules on challenges!)

European winner: no 9. Bastelerena
UK winner: no. 17. Kimbo
Rest of World winner (Australia): no 19. JennyH
Surprisingly we didnt have anyone from the US / Canada enter so we have given that prize to New Zealand instead (where were you guys?? LOL!) so our winner in this category is no. 14 Glennis F
Well done everyone, you've all won a Polkadoodles CD!
In addition to these 4 lucky winners we also had an overall challenge winner who wins 10, yes, 10 CD's worth a massive £160!! wooohooo!! And the very lucky winner is ... No. 18, Jayne! Well done Jayne, what a stash to win!
Can all of the prizewinners please email us with your snail mail addy's so we can send your prizes please! Please add "Birthday Bonanza" into your email title.

So...want some more news? can you cope? I told you we'd been busy here! We are very very proud to announce our latest collaboration with a mega talented designer who has brought us a great range of digi downloads to the website here....
Bundle 2 Millie & Friends - Download
These cuties are awesome once they've been coloured in and again the DT are absolutely LOVING these girls, so go grab them now - we'll also be adding more options to the range in the coming weeks, we just adore Emma's girls!

So now all that business is done, before we get onto this week's challenge, we need to find out who the winners were from week 23 which was Lots of Flowers:
1. Sharon G - please use verification code PD1W2423 in your email to claim your prize
2. Lisa Jane - please use verification code PD2W2423 in your email to claim your prize
3. Zoraplease use verification code PD3W2423 in your email to claim your prize

Congratulations! Please email Nikky for your prize and grab your blinkies from the sidebar - the first placed winner receives a download! Please remember to put your verification code and the challenge week in the subject field on your email. In addition, you must use the same email address to claim your prize as your challenge entry otherwise we cannot release your prize.
We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:

1. Please follow the challenge theme!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4. And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5. If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section

So, onto this week's challenge!
The winning entry this week will receive a FREE Picknix CD to add to their stash!

Hi, Polkadoodles lovers! Miria from Italy here. This week's challenge theme is up to me. I got inspired by a typical British ceremony and I chose Trooping the colour(s): you have to use not just one like the Queen but as many colours as you can, a real challenge for me, too as I usually like using matching colours or even monochrome!

You have until 12noon (GMT) on Sunday 1 July to enter so make sure you get your entries in to be in with a chance of winning a fab prize!

Ruth: Well, this is a lot of colour for me! I've altered a plain brown takeout bag and used the Pen and Paper Circle Club kit 1, which is now unavailable (sorry!) but sign up to pre order kit 4 as soon as the notification is given! I've coloured the image with Promarkers and used some scalloped Netabilities for the sentiment and tag.
Fliss - Well, I think you might agree I have a riot of colour on my card as I decided the best way to incorporate lots of colour was to do a garden scene. All papers and elements are from the Sugarplum Daisy CD as the bright summery colours are really needed in the weather we've had lately. The only embellishing due to the busy style of the card is a touch of punching and stitched ribbon.
Shary Quite a hard challenge for me too this week but I think I managed to add a lot of colour! I made an easel card and I've used images, sentiment and papers from the Pretty Tuff CD. I then added some of my own buttons and ribbon.
Miria For my card I used a coloured stampie from cd Candy Doodles then I created the multicoloured background using scraps from various PD cds. The sentiment is from a stamp set of PPC issue 2 and I added just some buttons.
Daniele.....for my card I have used images from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD to make this centre stepper card. The bird and bee are on wobblers so that they stand out and move
Anne - I didn't find this as easy as I though I would. So I then decided that these pretty little banners from the new Picknix Collection (In The Garden) were the way to go. the card materialised from there. So many yummy things on there that I didn't need anything else.
Lisa - I haven't made a kinetic card for ages so thought that the images from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD would be perfect to use for this Quad Easel card.
Good luck with the challenge!  The link will be open until 12noon GMT on Sunday 1 July and don't forget our rules!
*****

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for picking me as a winner from challenge 23. Well done to everyone and another fab challenge this week and gorgeous DT inspiration
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooooo! I am sooooo beyond thrilled to have won the 10 Cds. You have made my week. Thank you all so much. I love the POlkadoodles blog; every week you bring us so much inspiration! Keep it coming! Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how thrilling to see my name as a winner this morning - thank you so much. I will look forward to trying it out when I get home from holidays. Congratulations to the other winners

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab idea for a challenge!! lovely work everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the DT for so gorgeous inspiration. Love your projects ladies :)
    Eret xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone
    Thank you for your lovely challenge and all your fantastic creations.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, something going wrong when I try to use linky...... doesn't appear on blog and says in red "missing op"..... can anyone advise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for picking my card for your UK Birthday winner. I think I've just about sneaked in with this one. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue - entry no 11 - Thanks so much for playing along at Polkadoodles this week! What a fun card. Cheers Claire x Sorry can't see anywhere to leave a comment on your blog or an e-mail addy to contact you. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!