Friday 12 April 2013

Week 15 Challenge - April Showers

Good morning everyone and welcome to a new challenge at Polka Doodles. We hope you're all having a good week and surviving the still rather chilly temperatures. It certainly doesn't feel like April in the UK, more like February!

Before we get to the challenge inspiration, we need to announce the winners from the Week 13 Paper Piecing - there were loads of fabulous entries as always which made it very hard for the DT but there can only be 3 winners and here they are:

1st Place - Debbie S - you win a  Sugar Birdies CD and please use the code PD1W1513 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Olivia - you win a Download and please use the code PD2W1513
3rd Place - Cass - you also win a Download and please use the code PD3W1513

Congratulations to you all.  Please email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winners code - we cannot release prizes without it! 

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polkadoodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


This week's challenge is to make a project inspired by April Showers and as you'll see, the Design Team have cooked up some fabulous creations for you. There are some fantastic prizes this week too as the winner will receive the new Emma Canning CD and the 2 runners up an Emma Canning Download.

Astrid - This time I made a Gabble Box in pink. The digi is from the CD Love and Cherish. This cutie image has an umbrella and its raining lovely hearts. I coloured her with my copic markers. The paper is from the CD All Around and Everywhere. Flowers and lace are from my stash along with the pearls.


Fliss - I've made my card with this sweet digital image from Emma Canning called Rainy Days. You can buy her as a single image HERE or as part of the new Digistamp Heaven CD which has loads of Emma's images and some sentiments which you can find HERE (fabulous value too!). I printed her out on to thick cartridge paper and coloured her with a mix of Aquamarkers with added pencil detail. The papers are from the Cherryblossom Lane CD and I added loads of faux stitching detail and some inking for added definition. Cute, huh?



Asha - I made this card for my friend, who spent most of this year complaining about the weather. Here's a cheeky number for her birthday using this cute digi called Rainy Day by Emma Canning, which I coloured using alcohol markers. With an a blender pen I hit her brolly with great big blobs of rain! The patterned papers are from Love and Cherish and Sugar Birdies CDs. Some lace and bling complete this card.


Karon - I too have used the Emma Canning image called Rainy Days - great minds think alike :-)  My striped paper is from the new Frederika CD, the spotted paper and sentiment are both from the Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD, and the clouds are from the Studio 12 CD - Picknix Collection 1.  I inked all the layers with a blue ink, including the clouds.  Coloured the image with alcohol markers.


Miria Another quick and easy card! I used a coloured digi from cd Cherryblossom Lane, the paper and bumting are from the same cd. I die cut an aperture and adhered acetate to it. The sentiment is from Candy Doodles Collectors' Edition; I added buttons and washi tape to embellish.


Sally - Hi there.  This weeks challenge I have used an image from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD Rom
I mounted her on some red cardstock and inked the edges with a black Promarker. I printed out two background papers from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD Rom and mounted the blue on red and edged the red paper in black. Added some ladybirds, sentiment (also from the CD Rom) and a swirly die cut. This little card would brighten any rainy day.


Alethea - I've gotta say, this turned out better than I had imagined!! I used papers from the All Around and Everywhere CD. I used a pre-coloured image of Noah from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD Rom and I added some sparkle to his umbrella. I then added the pre-coloured rainbow from the Studio 12 CD Rom - Picknix Collection 1  and the sentiment is from Double Sprinkle of Kraft CD. To finish off the card I added the rik rak and buttons!!


Monica - I really enjoyed this weeks challenge. I decided to use an umbrella and make it the highest point of my card, put all the attention on it. And I think I got it. Take a look. ;-) For this card I just used simple papers (gray, black and white) and let all the glamour to the umbrella, in which I used the paper from the Cherry Blossom Lane CD Rom. And to complete the card, I wrote the words "now and forever" as a raindrops. Have a great week pals! :-)


Lidia - This time I´ve made my Card with a digital image and sentiment from the brand new Federica CD the papers are from Cherry Blossom Lane CD Rom finally I added a few drops onto the base paper of my card with Glossy Accents.


Good luck with the challenge - closing date is Sunday 21 April at 12noon GMT.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winners and beautiful cards from the DT's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners and love the project by the DT.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creations girls and congrats to the winners xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful projects Design Team, just lovely!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful; inspiration from th eDesign Teamn thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous designs by the DT, thank you for the great challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All totally gorgeous creations!
    Hugs,
    K.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous designs by the whole DT . I loved creating a card for this challenge.
    Thanks for a great challenge x ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection of cards. Our preferred is the 'Just because' card. What a lovely idea! xx

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!