Friday, 24 May 2013

Tutorial : Use a die cut with a twist!

Good morning, Polka Doodles fans! Miria here with a tutorial, it's my first one here, please, be patient :)

This week's challenge theme, chosen by lovely Patty, is "To die for" and this is my DT card.


As you can see, I used gorgeous Anja from Fredericka Collection . I wanted to cut my image with a framelit and  let her wavy hair out of the scalloped edge.

The first step is to choose your image - this one is precoloured, if you use a black and white one colour it first - and a framelit that fits it.


 Put the framelit on your image like this with some removable tape and draw the inside and outside line with a pencil.

Cut with your scissors the areas you want to leave outside the scallop . Put the framelit back where it was before using the tape again and cut it through your cutting machine

 

Here's your image  ready. Easy, isn't it?


 Here's another picture of my card ...


Hope you enjoyed my tutorial, thank you for your attention, Miria