Friday 25 July 2014

WK 30 - Clash the Colours - Polkadoodles Crafty Challenge

Here we go everyone!  It's time for another wonderful challenge here at Polkadoodles.

Firstly, we almost forgot to tell you but you can see Nikky back on your TV screens at 
Create and Craft TV 
this Tuesday 29th July 
so make sure you don't miss the show!!

Our theme this fortnight is
Clash the Colours
So anything bright and colourful is allowed and you have until 8th August to enter.
Our Random Winner will be announced on the 15th August and will win a copy of our new Work & Play collection!

A new Work & Play Collection has been released this week.  This is number 6 in this fabulous series which are perfect to help build up a digi library of characters useful all year round - and they are a complete bargain price considering how much you get on there! This one is even a BONUS edition with extra elements...
** Work & Play Collection 6 - BONUS EDITION

And don't forget the newly released Work & Play Festive Hollybobs Collection too - Christmas is well and truly underway for us card makers now and it's ridiculous when it's this hot hahaha!! 

** Work & Play FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Collection

Also, Nikky has released a lot of new stamps for the Work & Play characters too - so if you prefer stamps to digis and cd's then you can find them here in the New Products Section


Ok, lets get on with the show and here is the Design Team's fabulous inspiration for you this week....

Don't forget you do not need to use Polkadoodles products.
Also, please remember that there are a MAX of 2 entries per person.
The rules are in the side bar over there ----->

Scatty Jan - For my colour clash I went for pinks and reds, wow they do clash! I used the lovely Dollie Daydream goes east backback digi which I coloured with Graph'It Markers. The Papers and flowers are Dollie Daydream Girk Talk collection xx


Melanie - I chose to use some elements from the Dolly Daydream Goes East CD for this card, because of its lovely bright colour palette. I absolutely adore this watercolour-effect patterned paper, which I trimmed around and attached to an acetate card front. I chose to clash the pinks, reds and purples with a bright turquoise, which I think gives a lovely summery effect. The sentiment, paper banners and the dragonfly are all taken from the CD, and I embellished with a little bit of ribbon, a paper flower, button and gems.

Karon - Wow - great minds think alike.  I too have used the Dollie Daydream Goes East collection.  I made up a fan using black card and added a patterned layer, and some pearl dots.  The sentiments and butterfly are also from this wonderful collection.  The base butterfly paper is from the Fredericka CD and the blue polka dot paper is from the Bonbon Belles CD.  My printer was out of some ink, so I had to raid my stash of papers and luckily already had the fan and butterflies cut from previous sessions.


AnnaLately I’ve been making more cards using torn paper. I decided to make such a card for today’s inspiration. I chose a beautiful purple paper from Dolly Daydream Goes East CD , which in itself is decorative thanks to its texture; I cut it, tore it and arranged it in layers. Afterwards, I glued white lace underneath. On the surface, I arranged flower decorations and attached crystals, which reflect the color of the large, pink flower and my favorite tulle. I also glue on a piece of torn, pink paper to maintain unity of color and design. 



Sandie - Hello there, I'm here with some inspiration for Clash of colours! I really enjoyed this one and got to mix inks with digi's again and I hope you like the result. I used two fab digi's of Koi carp from Dollie Daydream Goes East CD from Polkadoodles (as the orient is full of colour) and I coloured them with Graph'it Marker pens as the vibrant colours from this brand was absolutely perfect for the job at hand. The background is made with distress inks onto satin silk card and detailing with a black micron pen..full details of how I made it are on my blog...happy crafting and I can't wait to see what you all make :)

Cara - I also chose to use the Dollie Daydream Goes East CD and Graph'it Markers  for this theme.  With the bright papers of the CD and the bold colours of the markers they are a perfect match!


Cheremane - Hi there wow where's the shades its a tad bright in here. I have used the fabulous Hairdresser  from Work & Play CD 2, this CD is so much fun, if only I had the guts to die my hair this colour. The papers and sentiments are all from Polkadoodles CD's.


Samantha K - I made my card using papers and elements from the Dollie Daydream goes East CD.  The image is called Dollie Daydream - Glitz and is available for download.  I used two papers to create the background and printed parts of the top paper twice so that I could cut out some of the lanterns and decoupage them to give a bit of depth. The image is coloured with Promarkers and wink of stella. I went for greens and pinks as they clash great ;) I also used some wink of stella on some of the lanterns and lights, just to add a bit of glitz (although sadly you can't see it in the photos).  The peacock feathers were cut with my silhouette and coloured with distress inks. The sentiment which is also from the CD, was coloured using distress inks and wink of Stella, this is also raised like some of the lanterns. xx

Fabulous creations!  Lots of inspiration to get you creative juices flowing.
Now it's you turn so come along and enter the new challenge!! Don't forget you can win that great Work & Play collection and you have until 8th August to enter! 
Also, please remember that there are a MAX of 2 entries per person.
We'll be back next week with last time's winners and more inspiration but we are really looking forward to seeing what you make this week!!
Have Fun!
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!