Friday 4 July 2014

WK 27 Red, White and Blue - Polkadoodles Challenge

Hello crafters! What fabulous inspiration we have for you all this week!

Have you seen our stunning new Christmas CD yet???
Work and Play Festive Hollybobs is now available and shipping and oh my goodness it is ADORABLE!! We are all squealing at the gorge images that are in this collection so don't miss out on this you will love it!
**FESTIVE HOLLYBOBS Work & Play Collection

Our challenge theme is still
Red, White and Blue
and it has been wonderful looking at all your creations so far.

You can enter the challenge HERE

Don't forget you do not have to use Polkadoodles products to enter the challenges
but please make sure that you follow the rules in the side bar ---->
You have until noon GMT, Friday 11th July, so get creating.

The winners of our Week 24/25 Over the Rainbow
will be announced at the end of this post.


Ruth: I've used a fab image from the Work and Play Collection 2 and coloured him with Promarkers. The papers are also from the same cd and I've added some X Cut stars. The die cut letters I've had for an age in my stash and to make them a bit more interesting I've added a black dotted line around the edges and covered them with glossy accents.
Anjie - On my card the image, papers, embellishments and sentiment ticket are all from the Work & Play Collection CD 1. I have coloured the image with my Graph'It Markers. The rolled roses at the bottom right are made from the same papers. The rest of the embellies are from my stash. More info on my blog....
Yvonne - Hi there and Happy 4th July to our crafty friends across the pond! I love the theme for this challenge and had great fun making this 7x7 card. I chose to use the gorgeous image of  Lewis from the Pretty Tuff Cd Rom or you can get him as a digi download. I adore this image and printed him out as a digi and coloured him with my Graph'It Markers (details of markers used on my blog).  I used two papers from the digi bundle Ruth because they are just perfect for this theme.  I ran the blue spot paper through with an embossing board to add texture, I really love the effect it gives.  I cut Lewis out with a Tattered Lace die and used Blue Tint Pan Pastel to soften the white, but I left the outer frame white to give contrast. I added star gems to tie in with the theme.  I hope you like it! 
Sue - Hi here is my card for the red white and blue challenge. I have used Casey from the pretty tuff cd rom.  I coloured him with copic pens . I used backing papers from  work and play cd 4. Sentiment i printed from Dollie goes East cd. Embellishments I had in my own stash. I mat and layered Casey onto red card. Layered papers on red card too. Added layers at a jaunty angle and added sentiment and embellishments....
- Sandiie  Hello all, I'm excited about this challenge and red, white and blue made me think of shopping!  So I used the main images from the Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD rom and used a mix of the pre-coloured image of Dollie shop with the non-coloured shop image.  The shop was coloured with my beloved Graph'it Marker Pen's (full colour details on my blog).  With some added flowers and icon images from the CD rom I think she looks like she's having a fabulous day out! Happy crafting!
Bev here with my take on the 'Red, White & Blue' Challenge. I used the postman digi from Work & Play 4  I coloured  him in with Graph'it Markers. The papers are also from the same Cd. I scaled down some of the digi letters/envelopes to create a border and made my own sentiment.
Katie here wishing all my American Friends a Happy Independence Day. I will be having an all American Cook out (if the weather is nice!). Well I thought I would have American Glamour but with a British Twist so here is my inspiration for this week. I used the image from Dollie Daydream. I cannot wait to see all your great creations, have a great day and Keeeeeep Crafting Katie DT xx
Jenny here with my first challenge of red, white and blue. I have used the Dollie Daydream Girl Talk cd for my images which have been coloured with a mixture of Graph it pens and Promarkers. I hope our designs inspire you to join us and we look forward to seeing what you create.
Claire C  I've made a card using one of my favourite images from Work and Play 4 Collection, I've coloured her with my Graph'It markers and created the background using PanPastels. I've used backing papers from the same cd and used the scraps to make some bunting and roses

The winner (chosen by random org) for the Over the Rainbow challenge who wins a  prize of 5 digi’s….is
Well done! Please email us here to claim your prize and quote PDwk27001wk24
This week the  design teams top 3 are:
4 - Diane
17 - Neli
Well done everyone!  Thanks for taking part, please grab your blinkies from the sidebar!
Now off you go and get busy crafting.  
Enter this fortnight's Red, White and Blue challenge HERE 

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!